Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fun with the Keckley Family!

I am really enjoying staying at home with the boys. After spring break, going back to school was just too much for me to handle. I missed my kids so much. I love being able to devote all of my time and energy to them.

I want my children to be able to enjoy the company of other children their ages, so we decided to take a road trip to Keyser, WV to visit our good friends, the Keckleys. It's been a long time since our last get together, so we thought that we would take advantage of the beautiful weather and our children had a blast. Bonna and Chris have two little boys, Garren and Calvin, but Calvin is missing from all of the photos because he was taking a nap while we played outside.

So here is a summary, in photos, of the afternoon in Keyser:

First, we played with sidewalk chalk.
Then, Andrew went down the slide...
...followed by Joseph.


Garren thought about going down the slide, but decided he didn't want to get all muddy like Joseph and Andrew.
The highlight of the afternoon was throwing rocks in the creek.

Joseph and Andrew had never thrown rocks into water before (surprisingly), so Garren showed them how it's done!


Andrew put all of his energy into throwing those rocks into the creek.


And Joseph enjoyed jumping over the creek. He later fell in, and we had to make a trip to Walmart to buy some shoes and pants for him to wear home. I didn't mind so much...he'll only be four once. And he had the time of his life jumping over (and in) that water.
Garren informed us that Joseph and Andrew are his best friends (soooooo adorable). I guess that means we'll be making a trip to Keyser again sometime soon. Bonna, a million thanks for having us! We really had a great time!

1 comments:

Bonna Keckley said...

We had a great time!