Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Blessings of Temple Attendance



I am so thankful that Brad and I had the opportunity to visit the temple today! It was such a beautiful, peaceful experience. It's difficult to say much more, as going to the temple affects everyone in such a personal way. I can say that every time I attend the temple, I feel my testimony of the gospel strengthened, and I learn so much more about Heavenly Father's plan for his children. I am reminded of how much He loves each and every one of us, and I know that He hears our prayers.

I also wanted to express my gratitude to Kathi and Chris for babysitting for us. This is the first time in four years that Brad and I have attended the temple as a couple. Usually we take turns, so that one of us is watching the kids. It was so much more meaningful to attend together, and the experience is so much more spiritual when you aren't stressed out from chasing children all over the temple grounds. So, to the Johnson family, we are incredibly thankful for your service. I hope that we have the opportunity to return the favor.

Some photos to remember the day:

Happy to be together!

The only downfall of the day: It was freezing!


2 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

Your dress is cute!

Great that you were able to go to the temple. Jacob and I really need to go, it's been too long.

Kathi said...

I'm glad we were able to help out. We had fun with Wiggles, playdough, Wiggles, cars and yes, MORE wiggles! LOL. :-)