Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Break - Take Two


The past week was the best week ever! Berkeley County schools were on spring break, so Brad was home all week long. I loved having a little R&R time with my family. We were able to get some spring cleaning done, go to the temple, and Grandma and Grandpa came to visit on Saturday.


I always enjoy visits from my family, and my mom likes to spoil us just a little. Who doesn't like to be spoiled? She brought me a cute little antique syrup pourer filled with candy, and we went to an antique shop where she bought me some serving dishes to match my china. And, she brought Brad a big ol' bag of candy, and easter baskets full of goodies for the boys. I made a really nice dinner and lots of yummy baked goods for everyone to enjoy (and they did). After Grandma and Grandpa headed home we went for a walk on the C&O canal trail.

The only part of our week that we didn't enjoy was Easter Sunday. It always seems like the more spiritual the occasion is supposed to be, the more my kids misbehave. Brad had to leave before the sacrament was even passed because our children were being such terrors, and I wasn't able to offer any help because I had to stay to lead the music and sing. So, I was a little disappointed that we didn't really get to focus on the sacred meaning of the day. I just have to remember that they're little kids, and they were still wound up from the day before. But overall, we had a wonderful week, and we were all sad when daddy had to go back to work on Monday.


Here are some pics of our vacation:




My culinary creations


Andrew carrying his bike around a mud puddle.

Crossing the aqueduct over the Potomac river.



Daddy helping his boys.



The handsome hubby!



Me and my boys!

1 comments:

Jami Jackson said...

Oh my goodness! It is SO beautiful where you guys live. I love the path you guys took a walk on. It makes me feel like we live in a desert here in Utah. Oh wait, we do live in a desert. Man, I really miss the green and humidity.

Loved the easter baked good too! Yum!