Thursday, March 26, 2009

Silly Boys...

I love the things that my kids say. Here are just a few examples of the things have said recently:

  • Andrew tells me as I am getting him a snack from the pantry, "Mommy, I don't want the fruit snacks in the red bag. I want the same kind of fruit snacks I had yestertime."


  • Joseph was watching Ni Hao Kai-Lan (aka Chinese Dora), and she asked the audience (my kids) if the had ever gotten to stay up late for anything. In my mind I was thinking, "No, but now they're going to want to, since you put the idea in their heads Kai-Lan." Two seconds later, Joseph looks at me and says, "Mommy, can I stay up late tonight?"


  • Daddy and Andrew went for a ride in Daddy's truck. As Daddy was buckling him in, Andrew said, "Make sure you buckle yourself safe daddy." He then asked, "Are we in the big truck, daddy?" Daddy said "Yes, and someday you'll be big enough to drive the truck too." Andrew's reply, "Will I have big hands, too?" He then told daddy, "One day I'll drive the big truck with my big hands, and I'll have a big red and black jacket, too."


  • Joseph was sitting at the computer playing, and all of sudden he runs into the room Brad and I are in and exclaims, "WALMART!" and runs away. What?!

And some more silliness...


When we went to Pittsburgh this weekend, we went to the most awesome thrift shop. Over Christmas, Great Grandma bought some toy cars for the boys and left them at my mom's (aka Grandma) house for them to play with when they came to visit. Andrew became enthralled with these cars, so when I saw big bags of Matchbox cars for $2.00 in the thrift store I had to buy him some to take home. He also picked out a talking Dora backpack that cost $1.50. For the past six days, Andrew has done nothing but play with these cars and the backpack. He loads all of the cars in the backpack and takes them wherever he goes. I thought that I would share a few pictures. It's pretty darned cute!



It's his backpack. Load it up, with things and kick-knacks too. Anything that you might need, he's got inside for you. Backpack, BACKPACK!

3 comments:

Bonna Keckley said...

I love how you have those picture arranged. Your kids say the funniest things!

Ham N Cheese said...

Pantera has been talking about Joseph alot this week...arranged marriage anyone?

Jami Jackson said...

Such sweet boys! It's fun to read about all your adventures.