Sunday, March 15, 2009

Creative Genius?


My creative project of the week: renovating my kids' room. Why did I need to do this you may ask? Well, if you haven't looked at the pictures above yet, please do. My children literally colored every single spot on their walls that they could reach. It was beyond the point of cleaning. I checked them for crayons every single time they went into their room, and yet I still would find more drawings on the wall every day. Not that I don't encourage artistic activities. Really, I do - just not on the walls of the house that I am renting. So, I painted the walls of their room before my landlord could find out what mess they had made. And, I decided to get a little creative, and finally decorate their room. I feel like this is the first time since my children have been born that they actually have a room that looks nice. I'm sure that it will stay that way for a whole five minutes. But seriously, how hard is it to not color on EVERYTHING?