Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fuzzy Tongue

Today was probably the least productive day I have ever had. I seriously did nothing today but enjoy the fact that my husband and children were at home all day. I pretty much played on the computer and watched kids' shows all day. Apparently I passed the domestic feeling on to Brad because he washed and folded five loads of laundry today, did two loads of dishes, and he made dinner (fish sticks and macaroni and cheese, but I am certainly not complaining). He also cleaned out our garage. What a wonderful husband!

Maybe I enjoyed doing nothing so much because I was saving up my energy for what was to come later in the evening - haircuts! This is never a happy time in our home. It was absolutely inevitable that our children would have thick hair, because Brad and I both have extremely thick hair (although Brad's is getting a little sparse on top). Along with my thick hair, I have a double cowlick.

Joseph has the misfortune of sharing my DNA. If his hair gets longer than a quarter of an inch I cannot keep it from standing straight up. He also has the craziest widow's peak I have ever seen. Andrew's hair lacks the double cowlick and the widow's peak, but he has so much hair that he starts to look like a werewolf if I don't cut it often enough.

I face the problem of having to cut my kids' hair on my own, because anytime I have taken them to have someone else do it, they barely touch their hair with the tip of the scissors and then charge you a fortune. And, they way my kids' hair grows, I swear that they need a haircut every week. They have so much hair that it takes a long time to cut, during which my kids scream bloody murder because they are itchy.

Tonight, Andrew cried the whole time. As he was crying, he was rubbing his tears away which made the hair stick to his face and then he was wiping his nose and got hair in his mouth. He kept trying to remove the hair from his mouth, but instead got a tongue covered in hair. And I get to do this every month...FUN!







If you click on this picture so you can look at is full size, you can see all of the hair flying all over the place.







My handsome little boys with their new haircuts!






3 comments:

Unknown said...

Andrew's shirt in the last picture is awesome! And nice job on the haircuts. It can't be easy giving an even cut to a wiggly little one. :-)

Courtnie said...

Very cool, Pam. Glad to have you on board the blogging ship! Ha!

Julia Kelly said...

i just love your sense of humor. your boys are so cute, my kids miss them.