Thursday, November 13, 2008

Plan? What plan?



The fact that this bumper sticker is funny to me is somewhat of an enigma. If anybody who knew me ten years ago is reading this, they know why. It's funny how you think that you have everything all figured out and then nothing works out the way that you planned it.

Seven years ago, I was graduating high school. I had known since I was ten years old that I wanted to be a high school band director. It was the only thing that I had wanted to do my entire life. But apparently, God had a different plan for me.

I thought that art would be a good field of study, since it's something that I've always been talented at. Again, God had a different plan for me.

I thought that I would be a stay-at-home mom. Also, not in His plans.

I don't know why none of these paths was right for me. For some reason accounting is a perfect fit. I have had a million different majors in school, and finally one fits. Why accounting? It really is beyond me. All I know is that it makes me happy; it seems to make sense. Why couldn't it have made sense years ago? That would have made my life so much easier. I know I am definitely not the only person who has had this dilemma. It seems like some people know from the time they are born what they are going to do with the rest of their lives, and yet there are others, like myself, who feel like they could spend forever searching.

Accounting is seriously the last thing I ever thought would interest me, and yet I now find it to be interesting enough that I want to do it for a living. And on that note, I need to go study for the accounting test I have to take at 9 am.

1 comments:

Bonna Keckley said...

Pam, could you pass this on to Brad. chriskeckley@yahoo.com Thanks!