Sunday, August 30, 2009

Milestones

Two important milestones this week:

  1. Joseph started kindergarten.

  2. I turned 25, which means that I am half-way to being "over the hill."
Kindergarten:
Joseph's first day of kindergarten started off great! He has an amazing teacher, is going to a wonderful school, and is thriving. We're so happy that he's doing well. After I left Joseph's school, a friend and I took a little road trip. We ended up getting lost and had to frantically call around to get someone to pick up our kids from their first day of school. I felt so bad that I wasn't able to be there to pick up the poor little guy from his first day of school, but he seemed to emerge unscathed.
The handsome little guy before his first day of school.


Joseph and his friend Mackenzie. Thankfully her mom was able to pick Joseph up from school and the two had a good time playing together until I was able to get home.


Joseph trying to do a "K" in sign language. We thought that it would be cute to take a yearly photo of him holding up the number of fingers corresponding to the grade he's in. So, "K" for kindergarten, but it didn't work out quite as well as we had hoped.


My Birthday:
For starters, my awesome present - Brad bought me a t-shirt from the season 5 finale of The Office. Woohoo!



And, my parents pre-ordered season 5 on DVD, so I should be getting that in a few days. It's being released on September 8th. Squee!

My parents (as shown below)...




...threw an amazing party just for me!


All of this, just for me?? Not really. We actually went up for their annual company picnic, which just happened to fall on my birthday. It was loads of fun, and a great way to spend time with my family. Tons of food, games, and good times.

Grandpa with a Spongebob pinata.

Joseph had a great time painting (including painting himself).

He also had fun carrying around this bowl of pretzels and "serving" everyone.


This kid had a blast playing in a mud puddle.
On the way home, we stopped at Cabela's. The kids were amazed by all of the taxidermed (is that a word?) animals.

And that ends our fun week!

In other news, Brad LOVES his new job! We feel so blessed to be in this area. Brad feels like he hit "the job lottery." We are really enjoying Parkersburg. Everyone is SO nice here. We like being close to family and we are making new friends. Thanks to everyone - Joseph's teachers, Pleasants County schools, our new friends, and our family - for making us feel so at home here. We know our prayers have been answered!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm glad you're doing so well!

Bonna Keckley said...

Sorry to break it to ya Pam but 40 is the new 50. so technically your more than half-way there. which means i'm even more than more than half-way there. so glad brad likes his new job. and happy birthday to you!

MegJill said...

What a crazy day we had! I'm SO glad that Kelly was able to pick up Joseph and we could get home to our boys safely. Like I said, we will always remember this Target trip. :)
I'm glad that Brad loves his job. It is so nice when a husband is happy at work. Makes him happier at home too!
Joseph looks really cute on his first day of school.

Julia Kelly said...

Happy Birthday to you Pam! I was thinking of you the other day when I was watching reruns of the office on tnt. You're only 25?? You're still a baby! :)