Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Being Tested

The last two weeks have been a serious test of my patience. I don't say faith - I know Heavenly Father gives us trials for a reason and he'll help us through the difficult times if we remain faithful and follow his commandments. So I just need to be patient and wait for the light at the end of the tunnel.

For starters, we moved into our new place. It's wonderful; a three-story townhome with a finished basement. It's in a great neighborhood, it's affordable, and we love Parkersburg. However, a few days after we moved in, Joseph decided that it would be a good idea to dump an entire bottle of laundry detergent all over the brand new carpet!!! It took an entire week of late nights to suck up all of the detergent, and now our carpets smell all mildew-y.

On top of that, I got a part-time job to help our family out a little. I'm working as a shift-manager at a restaurant at the mall. I work evenings, and by the time I come home every night, I am completely exhausted and I smell like a disgusting grease ball. I miss being home to spend time with my family. I know that this is for the benefit of our family, but it's hard to feel like I am being of any benefit when I am not home to cook nutritious meals, help unpack and organize our new home, help out with bedtime, etc. Even when I am home, I don't spend any time with my family because I am exhausted from working, so I spend most of the day sleeping. I feel like I am going through this vicious cycle of caffeine highs and total exhaution meltdowns.

To further add to the problems, out truck broke down, and it cost more than my first paycheck to fix it, and I had to pay for the traffic citation that I received the day we moved from Martinsburg to Parkersburg, leaving us flat broke. Ugh. But, I don't want my driver's license suspended and/or have a warrant out for my arrest and we need to have our truck to finish moving all of our stuff out of my brother-in-law's basement.

So things have been a little rough around here. I really could use some prayers and the support of family and friends right now. I know these probably seem trivial, but I feel like I am being tested to my absolute limits right now. Having a meltdown surely won't help anything! Thanks to all of those who read this blog. Knowing that I have friends and family who care really means alot. I hope my next post comes bearing better news. Until next time, please keep me in your prayers. Thanks!

3 comments:

Bonna Keckley said...

So sorry to hear about your troubles. I'll be thinking of and praying for you. Hang in there!

Ham N Cheese said...

doesn't it feel like it all piles up at once, life is just like laundry, blah!!! somehow it always finds a way to work itself out. Ok let me rephrase, Heavenly Father finds a way to work it all out!

Noodle said...

Hi! I'm Megan's mom, Diane Stephenson. :) I followed your comment on her blog and read about your struggles. Sometimes, when we think things finally should be getting better, we get that little shove back down. Isn't that the pits?!
It's so much harder to deal with right then, when you've been at the end of your rope and you're climbing back up. Who needs a foot in the face right then?
No wonder you feel the way you do!
Fortunately, you're not alone, and you give others the chance to commiserate and know they're not alone either.
Believe me, every little effort you make will be rewarded, and usually that happens in this life! Yay! So keep your chin up, okay? We're just learning here...
Hugs!
Diane