Sunday, September 27, 2009

MIA

Sorry folks. I have been gone for quite some time. I wish that I had something super exciting to fill you in on. Unfortunately, here is the story of the four weeks I've been MIA.

  • Week 1: Work and homework.
  • Week 2: Work and homework.
  • Week 3: Work and homework.
  • Week 4: Work, homework, 3 tests, 2 speeches.

Things have been pretty rough around these parts. I've had no time for anything that I want to do (blogging, sewing, photography), and I've barely had anytime for things that I need to do (like the fact that I've lived in my house for 2 months and I'm still not unpacked).

Anyhoo, I've been losing my mind, so I came to the conclusion that something has to go. So here's the list of things that keep me busy.

  • Family - I certainly can't get rid of them, although sometimes I could use a break from screaming kids!
  • Church - Definitely can't get rid of that either! I'm in the RS presidency and I have had no time whatsoever to devote to my calling.
  • School - It takes up a lot of my time, but unfortunately it is a necessity for me. If we ever want to be out of debt, I'm going to have to have a career. It stinks. I wish that I could afford to stay at home, but I can't.
  • Work - The bane of my existence. Brad gets home from work at 4:30 every afternoon, and I have to leave at 4:35 to get to work on time. Usually, when I come home he's in bed. Not good. I make barely more than minimum wage and I work my rear-end off with little to no reward (I'm thinking it's closer to no than it is little).

So, work has to go. It's for the best. If I am going to have to work to help support my family, I don't want to work at a fast food joint at the mall for the rest of my life. Which is the reason I need to finish school and do it fast!

Anyway, my blogging will no longer be on hiatus. This is my journal. It's how I keep track of all of things my family does. It's our memories. So it's important to me to keep this up, even if it isn't important to anyone else. So I think y'all will be hearing from me a little more often. One can only hope, right?

1 comments:

MegJill said...

Sounds like quitting the job is going to be a good choice for you. You don't want to go crazy! And you need to have time with your husband too. Plus, I think it's better to get through school faster and with better grades. How much longer do you work? I hope it all works out better for you soon!
Also, I hope your Wal-mart injured body gets to feeling better!