Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What Would You Bring?

First off...the chicken chow mein? Fabulous. I can't wait to try some more recipes from that blog. If you haven't had time to check it out - make time! It took me about ten minutes to throw in the crockpot and at 5 pm, dinner was ready with about ten minutes of additional work, which involved making rice to serve it over and steaming some broccoli as a side dish. I will definitely make this dish again!

Last night was family night in our home. I love Family Home Evening. I feel so blessed to have the gospel in my life. We have a very simple routine for our family night - a prayer, a few songs, a story from the Book of Mormon Reader, and dessert. It seems to work really well for us. It involves little to no planning, and it really seems to have an impact on our children.

Last night, we read about Nephi being instructed by the Lord to build a boat. After we read the story, we asked the kids what they would bring on the boat with them. Here is how they responded:

Andrew

  • Worms
  • A caterpillar
  • Cookies
  • A toy house
  • Mud

Joseph

  • Toys
  • Food

I love Andrew's answers. Too funny! I am so happy that our children have reached the age where they can actually be involved in FHE. It makes for a happy family...

As the children's hymn goes, "We are a happy family!"

3 comments:

Bonna Keckley said...

That's so cute. I'm definitely going to check out that website.

The Ulibarri's said...

That is so cute that your kids said that. They are funny and too cute. Hope you are doing good.

Bonna Keckley said...

I thought of you the other night at our fhe. We were teaching Garren about baptism and now he keeps talking about when he's baptized and comes out of the water he will look like Jesus (instead of be like Jesus). haha. I hope his beard doesn't come in that early! haha