Thursday, December 4, 2008

Please Tell Me That This Is Just A Phase!

It has come to my attention that my last post may have led some to believe that I may be pregnant! I could not be further from being pregnant. "Pogchap" is just someone Joseph has apparently added to his list of imaginary friends.


Speaking of imaginary friends, Joseph has an imaginary friend named "Gokagaddy." I am not sure if this is how you spell it. I spelled it phoenetically. Where does he come up with this stuff? My guess is that he misses his friends from Morgantown, so he had to make up a new friend. This friend has been hanging out at our house since we moved. I just wish I new where he got these strange names from - Pogchap and Gokagaddy.


Also, I am a little tired of my kids calling one another Steve (Joseph) and Joe (Andrew). When is this phase going to end?





I made the huge mistake of making my kids Steve and Joe costumes (from Blue's Clues) for Halloween, and ever since they have refused to go by their real names. For a while they would only refer to Brad and I as Diego and Dora, because that was what we dressed up as. They still call us that occasionally, but this Steve and Joe thing doesn't seem to be coming to an end anytime soon. Everyday when they come home from school, the first thing they do is rush to put on the costumes. They have a fit if the costumes are dirty. You should see these things - they are ragged! They have been worn, literally, every single day for over a month. They have to wear their brown dress shoes every day, because that is what Steve and Joe wear. All I do is draw pictures of thinking chairs, Blue's Clues houses, handy dandy notebooks, and crayons all day - yes, I even have to draw a crayon to look like theirs! The whole Blue's Clues addiction used to be kinda cute, but it has just gone way too far. I have to ween them from Blue's Clues. It's fine for them to like this show, but I just want Joseph and Andrew back - I did not give birth to Steve and Joe! Has anyone else ever gone through an obsession like this? I will gladly accept any advice...

4 comments:

Bonna Keckley said...

Sorry, I haven't had to deal with this, at least not yet anyway. Good luck Dora, I mean Pam.

Jami Jackson said...

You're really gotten the hang of this blog thing fast! I love the way it looks!

Well, I wish I had some advice for the whole Blue's Clues obsession. All I can say is that they will grow out of it. I would be a bit worried if they were 12 and still trying to put on those costumes, but for now I'd jut let them have fun!

Twinmomwv said...

They will NOT go to kindergarten insisting on being called Steve and Joe. My SIL had a similar problem with her Joseph wanting to be called Tyrone. He even had the other kids calling him Tyrone and when they had friends over for dinner one night, "Tyrone" yelled at the other dad for calling him by his real name. He eventually got over it. I think it lasted a total of 3 months. My advice would be to introduce them to a variety of other shows for them to build a fascination with and hope they someday name their pets after those characters. Like Sportacus, Stephanie and Ziggy!

Amanda said...

I have a little boy who roars at everything. He doesn't want to be called Steve or Joe but he refers to himself as puppy or Trex. I am sure this is something they will eventually grow out of (I hope because I really don't want a twenty year old son asking to be called trex and roaring at strangers....)