Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Festivities

This has been quite an eventful week! First off, Joseph contracted the H1N1 (Swine Flu) virus. Joseph was in the ER last friday and he wasn't allowed to go back to school until this friday. I was thankful that he was able to return on Friday for his school Halloween party. I was signed up to be a volunteer. I love participating in his classroom activites. Five-year-olds are fun! Joseph came home with bags and bags full of goodies. One of the boys in the class exclaimed, "This is the best day of my life!"

This was the favorite goodie in our house:



Lime green vampire teeth!

Friday was gorgeous! We wanted to get out and enjoy the last of the nice weather, so we made a trip to Sweetapple Farm to participate in a costume parade and go on a haunted hay ride.

My handsome firefighters.
Let me just say, I was so thankful that they saw these costumes in TJ Maxx. I have made their costumes every year, and every year I scramble to get them finished minutes before trick-or-treat. They originally wanted me to make them The Wiggles, but they fell in love with these costumes and changed their minds. Thanks TJ Maxx!

My old lady costume.
Quite possibly the scariest thing out there. Before you know it, I'll be shopping the Quacker Factory on QVC. Oh yeah, I'm not pregnant. I just have a fat stomach. I seriously look like I am 6 months pregnant in this picture.

Sweetapple Farm. Beautiful!



As you can see, Joseph and Andrew were very excited for Halloween festivities!
Candy was given out for the best costumes. The judges said they were all the best. No child left behind.
So cute! There were bonfires all around the farm and they even sold little s'mores packets and hot dogs. We didn't have any, but it was fun to sit around the fire nontheless!


Andrew in the pumpkin patch.


Andrew and Joseph trying to kill the scarecrow.



Last but not least, the hayride. Tons of fun!

And that concludes Friday's festivities. Saturday morning was my last day of work. Yay! But I came home to a sick Andrew. He was running a fever. And the weather was nasty. Our town had trick-or-treat at the mall, so I gave Andrew some Tylenol and we avoided the nasty weather. It was packed, but there was plenty of candy and Joseph had a good time. Andrew wasn't so thrilled. He ended up riding around in one of those car strollers and I collected his candy for him. Poor guy.
Excited for candy.


Not excited about anything.






My handsome little guys.
Unfortunately, Andrew woke up with a fever of 105 degrees this morning. Ugh. So, I spent all morning in the ER and came home with a prescription for Tamiflu. More swine flu. May I just mention that I haven't been to church in 5 weeks, because someone has been sick every week. This flu season has been terrible.
Here's to hope that our family will be healthy soon. Keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

James & Kristen said...

You definitely do NOT look six months pregnant!! I am six months pregnant and I am freaking humongous!!! You always look cute, Pam.

Sarah said...

I hope you all get healthy soon! It's killer to have to be stuck in the house bc someone's sick.